Hello!
Today I am conducting research for the second CCR question:
"How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?"
There are a few important things I need to touch on when answering this-
- Who is the target audience (age, gender, commonalities.) How did you find this?
- How your choices engage the target audience?
- Discuss availability
Target audience is typically broad for drama films due to the many subgenres that branch from it. Mine, in particular are adults and young adults, because of the more mature theme of my opening. I also want to point out the importance of the representation of women in my project. I want to make it apparent under the surface of my general opening that the piece also depicts the diffuculties not only of adolescence, but of womanhood. Films that connect women through hardships with understanding hold a special place in the hearts of me and all of the girls around me and I want to touch on that within my CCR for sure.
Here is what I wrote-
Well, my audience is mainly teenagers and young adults, like many drama films, but more specifically I’m aiming this product toward young women. I find that getting a message across to an audience helps when you show them someone like them, in this case, a teenage girl. Being able to relate to a character is very important because the theme feels heavier when you see it happening to someone like you. It’s almost like a put-yourself-in-her-shoes type of thing. I researched popular going-out styles among Gen Z-written Vogue articles so that I could further relate my character to their audience and engage them through the current trends. As for distribution practices, so far, I am considering only small film festivals for now. This project will not be making it to the big screen, but hey, there’s always hope for the next one!
When touching on the distribution factor of this question, I want to make it apparent that there would be no wide release for this project if it were to be distributed as a real media text. I do aim to keep the tone of my CCR lighthearted since I am considering different fun ideas on going about it.
Throughout my research earlier in the semester on target audience and distrubution of media texts as a whole, I think I included everything meaningful within my response while also keeping it consise. I will further expand each answer through both my response delivery and added images throughout my video, but I think that the size of my answer for this question is just as it needs to be, because I do want to save time for the other two questions as well.
Finishing up the questions and then onto scripting. See ya next time! (tomorrow)
Sources:
Brown, A. (2020, December 18). The importance of women in film. Medium. https://anastasiabrownn.medium.com/the-importance-of-women-in-film-6759b068c56
No comments:
Post a Comment